Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Still Like Him as a "Friend"

From today's Times: "Without criticizing President Bush, whom he has hailed as a good friend, [French President Nicolas] Sarkozy suggested that Mr. Obama would change the world’s view of the United States.

'If he is chosen, then France will be delighted,' Mr. Sarkozy said. 'And if it’s somebody else, then France will be the friend of the United States of America.'”

Somebody else? Is he thinking perhaps of Ralph Nader? Or maybe he's just trying to avoid hurting McCain's feelings? And now the Republicans are Sarkozy's "friends"... that's what every woman I ever dated wanted when they were breaking up with me!

I take back everything I said yesterday: I think someone's getting swept up in that Obamamania! Ahhhhhhhh, young love in bloom.....

No comments: