Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Nearest Book

So my friend ModFab tagged me for another meme, this one slightly strange... which seems strangely appropriate:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Locate the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged me.


Had I been at my desk, the book would have been Dada and Surrealist Performance by Annabelle Melzer; this book would have shown me to be the incredibly intellectual and artistic individual I truly am. However, I'm sitting on the sofa and the nearest book to me happens to be a copy of The G-String Murders by Gypsy Rose Lee that Kriota Willberg loaned to Catherine. So here goes:

"Homicide squad. A good guy to know." The man put a hand out and I offered mine.

I actually haven't read the book, although I plan to. I've never seen the movie, either, with Barbara Stanwyck; maybe I'll put it on my netflix queue after I read the book... I have a lot of really good books here! Really....

ModFab was tagged by The Film Experience. For me, I guess I'll tag Blindsquirrel, Aisling Arts, Pressing the Flesh, Lee Wochner and Bob Fisher (they'll all show me up for the low brow I truly am...)

No comments: