Thursday, May 8, 2008

Play Try Outs: Beggars CAN Be Choosers...

The Beggar's Opera auditions on Tuesday were great: everyone did a great job with the singing and the acting. It was more fun than I expected, actually. I'm seeing even more people tomorrow night and then I can cast by Saturday, I hope. I can already tell, though, that the hardest part is going to be deciding who not to take: I could easily cast both roles at least twice over with the actors I've already seen and I know the remaining group are not a bunch of duffers. At this point, I think it's going to come down to which actors have the fewest rehearsal conflicts. It's not the way I'd prefer to make my decision but, ultimately, if two actors are equally capable, you have to have something to tip the balance.

When we come back, we'll announce the results of our judges' tabulations....

No comments: