Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Gentle Reminder... Perhaps Too Gentle

A few weeks ago, I had a dream that involved a penguin. I know this because I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, "Wow: what an unusual dream! I really want to remember it. I'll write myself a note so that I won't forget and maybe I'll write about it later." So I stumbled out of bed and over to my desk, found a pen and post-it pad and I wrote "Penguin dream" on it and then went back to bed. The next morning, I found the note and was glad that I'd written it down because the entire dream (or at least the high points) were all still in my memory; I even told Catherine about it (she thought it was a very funny dream).

But I didn't do anything else about it.

A few minutes ago, I found the post-it note I'd written on. I don't remember the dream.

No comments: