Sunday, October 5, 2008

Comments Welcome (but Stick to the Topic)

This morning, someone anonymously commented on my post about The Tempest by providing a link to the American Family Association's Voter Issue Guide. For those who don't know about it, AFA is an evangelical Christian organization run by the reverend Donald Wildmon; to say that I strongly disagree with their position on every political and social issue is putting it mildly. While I've removed it as a comment on that post (it doesn't have anything to do with The Tempest—neither John McCain or Barack Obama was responsible for that production, so far as I know, and no one should hold it against either of them on election day), I've decided to create this post for the link. I have no problem with anyone suggesting alternative points of view on the Interlude as long as it's germane to the topic. Besides, the commenter really missed an opportunity: my previous post that day was about Palin Debate Bingo, which I think was a perfect place to start this discussion!

No comments: