Monday, October 20, 2008

It's All About Me: Seven Facts

Meme time: I got tagged once again by my pal, ModFab.

The Rules: Link to your tagger (done, but I'll do it again) and list these rules on your blog. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog—some random, some weird; tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. (ModFab continues: "There were other rules, but they were redundant and stupid, so I'm cutting them." Who am I to argue?)

The Seven Facts:
1. I think John Adams' On the Transmigration of Souls is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.
2. As much as I appreciate fine wine and many world cuisines, my favorite meal is still a cheesburger, fries and a beer or two. It's more likely to be a veggie or turkey burger and a salad these days but, so far, I haven't had to give up the beer...
3. I'm a big Firesign Theater fan. I can quote them ad nauseum (emphasis on the nausea).
4. I paid the tuition (but not the fees, room or board) for my first semester at North Texas State University (now UNT) with a scholarship I got my freshman year in high school for being second chair string bass in Fort Worth's All-City Orchestra: the scholarship was for $65.
5. I can't remember lyrics to songs.
6. If there is reincarnation, I want to be a modern dance choreographer in the next life. Or a cowboy.
7. I occasionally practice being interviewed... just in case I ever get famous for something.

For my victims, I'm going to tag Dramahound, SarahBsAdventures, TravelExcellence, the DevilVet, my pal Lee (as soon as he gets back from his amazing marathon experience in Amsterdam), BlindSquirrel and any or all of my family members who want to write on the CookeRowell blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check it BROTHER AND SISTER IN LAW out:
http://www.imeem.com/artists/john_adams/