Thursday, October 16, 2008

McCain Walks Into a Bar...

I've had no time to blog this week: between day job, going to the theater and Peculiar Works, I've just been too busy. However, I found this today and had to share it with everyone:
While he was making a campaign stop in Pennsylvania yesterday, John McCain kept getting interrupted by a heckler who shouted "I am a Democrat!" over and over.

McCain was obviously getting pissed, but he kept his anger bottled up long enough to respond to the heckler with, "My friend, can I ask you 'why' you're a Democrat?"

The heckler said: "My grandfather was a Democrat, my father was a Democrat, and I am a Democrat!"

"What if you father had been a jackass?" McCain asked sarcastically. "Then what would you be?"

"A Republican!" the heckler yelled back.
It isn't true, of course: the joke is apparently as old as T.R.'s Bull Moose party. But it's funny and I always go with what's funny!

No comments: