Friday, July 16, 2010

Upcoming Theater: 31 Down

I've written here before about 31 Down and how much I admire their aesthetic. If you haven't yet had a chance to experience one of their shows, now's your chance: they're performing their latest, Red Over Red, in the Incubator Arts Project from July 22 - August 7th. Ordinarily, I would avoid any play that the artists describe as a "loud meditation on paranoia and premonition surrounding plane crashes" like the plague—I don't mind the loud part (I might be disappointed if a 31 Down production wasn't loud) but I already hate air travel and the idea of seeing a play that's actually about plane crashes is definitely not on my list of fun ways to spend an evening; it's how I've managed to make it over a decade without seeing Charlie Victor Romeo even though it's supposed to be an excellent show... and why I'm okay with that. Regardless, for 31 Down, I'm going to suck it up and go; I'm sure it'll be worth the anxiety I'll have whenever I fly from now on...

No comments: