Monday, March 10, 2008

Just When Altria Ended It's Arts Funding...

I smoked for over 20 years and I loved loved loved every minute of it (okay, it probably took me a few packs before I loved it, but you know what I mean). I'm glad I quit, as I said in the Madrid post, but I don't have a problem with other people smoking, even smoking around me and smoking in my house (we always have an ashtray available for our friends who smoke). However... this is is the dumbest way I've ever heard of getting around the anti-smoking laws. As a theater person, I find it particularly obnoxious. 

Come on, Minnesota: join the rest of us in the 21st century! New York banned smoking in restaurants and bars in 2002 and I hated it but I also accepted it. I know that non-smokers have been thrilled with the results and I can't say it didn't make quitting at least a little bit easier.

No comments: